Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Past lessons

I would like to ask all my readers to take this opportunity of a few calm days, to read some vivid account of our last civil war. In an effort to remind all those who forgot what these two words really means. However I recommend reading a personal account of the war, not a politician pseudo memoir.

I am currently reading Beirut Fragments , a very interesting book, that recounts the story of a mother and her family amidst all the tragic events that befell our country from 1975 to 1990. When I finish it I will try to post a small review.

I have posted a few links to several interesting personal accounts of the Lebanese civil war on the left side of my blog. Among them, Robert Fisk' "Pity the nation" is worthwhile. The rest are more historical in nature.

Let us hope that today hot heads will learn some of the lessons of last war…

Post a Comment