Thursday, July 27, 2006

A world gone mad!


Since last week, I started to feel the weight of having a dissenting view. Some comments I was getting were truly violent and spoke volumes on the polarization of public opinion. I started getting paranoid, fearing some repercussion of my blogging on my real life...And that is what happened. So for a while, I preferred to remain silent rather than feeling threatened. But I believe that if I do not stand by my principals, one can no longer claim to be free. And for me nothing is as sacred as freedom of speech.


So while I called for an end of violence, of bloodshed and death I was branded not Lebanese enough! I called to stand with our government and with our PM Siniora and I am branded thus! This is truly a world gone mad!! And that hurts so much, because I love my country more than anything and I want it to become strong, free and independent and no longer a playground for the war of others.

So here is my blog and that is me! If you do not like what I say: argue, comment or disagree and even boycott me, but if we can no longer have a decent discussion than we are truly lost…

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

hi bob, it's good having u back.
i want to strengthen and to embrace u. be strong and feel good with yourself. you r a good soul.
take care

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob,
I am Israeli and where reading what u where writing. First of all I wanted to say that I feel with you and that i am very very sorry what is happening in your country and not trying to justify what Israel is doing. I don't believe that you can make peace with war. I know from hearing that Lebanon is a beautiful country so why destroy???? I am living in Haifa also very beautiful and wish you could come to visit. Let's reamin in peace and pray for it. May all beings live in peace.. Sonia