Monday, November 27, 2006

Tic toc


I feel as if I am in a movie theater watching a documentary of how my country fell into civil war. I see the images and hear the never ending speeches and the blaming, while in the background a ticking alarm clock can be heard.

There is one single topic on people’s mind: “what will tomorrow bring”. And the waiting is excruciating, I sometimes wishe for the worse to happen, just to end this agonizing wait…

People are already in a different mind set, yesterday we were planning an outing in Beirut when a friend of mine, half jokingly, asked if we would got stuck in Beirut or we would be able to come back (referring to the fact that Hezbollah supporters could close the highway between Saida and the capital Beirut at any moment) everybody nervously smiled and few chuckle were heard, but we were all seriously thinking about the possibility.


And two days earlier my sister skipped a wedding invitation, because she was afraid to leave her children in the house, because “in these days you never know what could happen, better to be safe than sorry.”

The hoarding of food stuff, fuel and basic commodities already started, people are excepting the worse. For many Lebanese hope is dead and we are already sliding without any doubt into a bottomless abyss, however I still feel that there is glimmer of hope still alive, but not for long…

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

yes we r all waiting, tic tac.....this morning i dropped the kids to school, on my way back i thought is it safe to leave them at school what if they got stuck there and me at home......tic tac........I am tired of waiting u know i hope the big day comes very soon and we finish with it....waiting is making me crazy!!!
I was reading a book very good one "Les Secrets de la guerre du liban" amazing how stupid we were (and still r) , we were the muppets of the big men who decided to have a war on our land for their own benefits and we didn't learn from that.........i think if all lebanese start reading and learning about our last war , i think we might be safe , we might understand and see more clearly how we r being manipulated and how dirty war is!

Khawwta said...

Our politicians or "El zo3ama" are securing everything around us and maybe no one will survive and none of those "ZO3AMA" want the freedom for Lebanon ... Lebanon is bleeding... we are fighting together everyday...
And we are still talking about HOPE..
My Wish for Lebanon is just "PEACE" and nothing else.. GOD Bless our Country.